Mariah Carey, Gwen Stefani & 5 reasons I can't wait for the NFL season!
Yippee! I just found out that Mariah Carey and Gwen Stefani are going to be kicking off the 2012 NFL season with an awesome live performance at Rockefeller Center for the hour-long pre-game show. Of course I'll be tuning in because right after, my beloved NY Giants (and last year's Super Bowl reigning champs, whoot whoot!) will be taking on the Dallas Cowboys.
So, yeah--some of your probably read that and felt like I was speaking a foreign language. But the thing is, I LOVE football. As a matter of fact I love most sports; baseball, soccer, basketball--I know, I'm a freak. Although it makes my hubby super happy (and most of his friends jealous, ha!) I have to admit, it does suck being the only girl around when we're watching big sporting events. The only time there is every really a lot of other women around is during the Superbowl, and even then, most of the chicas spend their time confined to the kitchen. UGH.
Not me though. I'm there in the front row screaming at the TV and rooting my Giants on with all my heart! This is part of the reason why I'm so excited for the NFL season to start, but it's not the only one. Here are 5 more reasons I'm looking forward to the 2012 NFL season:
1. My Giants are the reigning champions of the world. I love my NY sports teams something fierce and I'm really looking forward to all these other lame-o teams trying to dethrone the Big Blue. Obviously, it's not going to happen but it will sure be fun to watch them try.
2. Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow are in a life & death duel for the heart of the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets! Ok, fine--maybe not life and death, but still. I am totally on Team Sanchise (obviously) and I REALLY hope he beats Jesus Team Tebow.
3. Um, did I mention Gwen Stefani?! I'm SUPER excited that No Doubt is getting back together (hello! soundtrack to high school). There are always TONS of great performances throughout the football season so this is just the beginning.
4. The Super Bowl! Every year, this wonderful game gives us a valid excuse to stuff our faces with chicken wings and beer. I mean, what more can we ask for?
5. Victor Cruz. I feel like I don't really have to elaborate all that much on this one. Victor salsa'd his way into all of our hearts. I mean, when our abuelitas know who a football star is, you know he's doing something right. The fact that he is so easy on the eyes is just a bonus.
Are you a lady who loves sports too? Shout out your teams below!