5 reasons why Rico Rodriguez deserves a raise on 'Modern Family!'
I am a big Modern Family fan. I think it's a hilarious show and I especially love watching two of my favorite Latino stars, Sofia Vergara and Rico Rodriguez, play a super funny mother and son duo. That's why I couldn't help but cheer when I heard that he and the other kid stars of the show have initiated salary negotiations with their studio--they all deserve a raise, especially Rodriguez!
Shortly after the adults on the show solved their contract disputes, Rodriguez and his fellow young castmates are facing their own renegotiations. And though I know some would roll their eyes at the fact that the 13-year-old is asking for a raise, I think he totally deserves one! Here's why:
Want to stay updated on other Latin pop culture news? Like us on Facebook!
1. His character is absolutely HYSTERICAL. Okay, I know all of the characters on the show are pretty funny, but Rodriguez's Manny is one of my top three favorites because he's hilarious, dramatically sensitive, and right smack in the middle of all of the adolescent awkwardness we have all gone through. Plus, he loves his parents! Who could forget the scene where he teaches his stepdad, Jay, to salsa dance?
2. America loves him! Rodriguez was even named Entertainer of the Year by Entertainment Weekly in 2011. Have I mentioned he's only 13?
3. He obviously adores being on the show. Rodriguez is constantly raving about his fellow castmates, particularly his on-screen mom, Vergara. The two wished each other happy birthday on Twitter.
4. He still gets an allowance! Rodriguez might work hard for his money, but that doesn't mean he gets it all at once. In a 2011 interview with Ellen DeGeneres, he admitted to getting $20 in allowance money. Maybe a raise will bump up that number to $30?
5. He uses his fame for a good cause. Rodriguez has lent his face, voice, and time to many charities. He and his sister even appeared in an ad together for the 1 Warm Kid coat donation campaign in 2010.
What do you think of Rodriguez and his fellow cast members asking for a raise? Tell us in the comments below!
Image via ABC