5 Things to love about Salma Hayek in 'Savages'
I've just seen the new movie Savages, about pot growers Chon (Taylor Kitsch) and Ben (Aaron Johnson) facing off against a Mexican cartel run by Elena (Salma Hayek) and her sidekick Lado (Benicio del Toro) who has kidnapped their shared girlfriend, O (Blake Lively), and I absolutely LOVED it.
It was a complicated, beautiful love story surrounded by, well, a LOT of gun-shooting action. To be honest, there were points in the movie that were gruesome—but despite the highs and lows (I don't think the crowd in the theater I was in loved the ending), my absolute favorite part of the movie was Salma Hayek. She was absolutely AMAZING in the movie and, well, I wanted to share just why I loved her so, so much in this performance.
Read more ¿Qué más? How to get Salma Hayek's gorgeous beach waves! (VIDEO)
1. Her gorgeous hair: Okay, seriously, how awesome is her hair in this movie?! Even her HAIR commands the room in every scene, rocking powerful bangs and long locks.
2. How she takes charge: She really takes absolutely no prisoners throughout the movie and repeatedly reminds her henchmen that SHE is the one they have to answer to.
3. The dresses and oh the fashion: Her style throughout is absolutely top-notch. I am just in love with everything she wears, including the incredible diamond necklace at the end.
4. That scene where she…: If you haven't seen the movie, don't read this but…there's a VERY powerful scene that just had me loving her amazing performance all the more.
5. She loves her daughter fiercely: Despite her less-than-wholesome job, the one thing that keeps her going is rebuilding her relationship with her daughter and defending her against anything bad that can happen. She truly loves her family, proving that even in the movies she's a proud and amazing mamá Latina.
Want to find other moms como tú? "Like" MamásLatinas on Facebook!
Are you going to see Salma Hayek in Savages this weekend? Share with us in the comments below!
Image via Universal Pictures