5 reasons we love "Rock of Ages" star Diego Boneta! (VIDEOS)
One of the biggest movies of the summer, Rock of Ages, premieres tomorrow and though I'm not a big musical person, I'm super excited to see Mexican singer and actor Diego Boneta in his first big role!
Nabbing the main part in such an anticipated film has been a long-time coming for Boneta, who has already showed his impressive singing and dancing abilities in various projects throughout his career. Not so sure if he can match up to all of the hype? Below, 5 reasons why Boneta makes a great leading man and why he is the perfect guy for this job in particular!
Want to stay updated on other Latin pop culture news? Like us on Facebook!
1. He already has a background in music. He released his debut album, titled Diego, in Mexico in 2005 and his second album, Indigo, in 2008. Watch the video for the English version of one of his songs below.
2. He has plenty of acting experience. He started his career working on Spanish-language shows in Mexico. In 2010, he received a recurring role on ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars and in the CW's remake of 90210. In fact, his character in the latter was a singer and dancer, much like him!
3. His Latin background means he has some serious moves. He showed off some of those skills in both of his roles in the teen dramas, as shown by his sizzling salsa in a scene for Pretty Little Liars below.
4. He's hot! Have you seen that adorable face (see the picture above)? Does the world really need any more reasoning than that?
5. Even though he's super-talented and is about to star in a HUGE movie, he's still very humble. Need proof of just how down-to-earth he really is? As he explains in the video below, he doesn't consider himself a heartthrob--and he admits to loving Madonna!
Are you excited to see Boneta in Rock of Ages? Tell us in the comments below!
Image via Warner Bros.