7 Latino celebs who I dream will duet with Tony Bennett (VIDEO)
There's something you should probably know about me: I have a secret love of classic music. Although I love my reggaeton, hip hop and all other kinds of modern music, there's something about older music (I mean 50's and 60's here) that just warms my heart. To be honest, that's why I am such a huge fan of Tony Bennett.
His music has always appealed to my romantic side because it's just so beautiful, heartfelt and soothing. To top it all off, though, I love that he's also a fan of modern artists and has done a couple duet-based CDs with them. But I've been waiting for him to do more with Latin artists—and now I'm finally getting my wish! Although Tony has previous sang with Juanes and Alejandro Sanz, he's currently in the middle of recording a Latin Duet Album and I am SO excited.
So far, he's done "The Way You Look Tonight" with Thalia and "For Once in My Life" with Marc Anthony. As he prepares the rest of the album, these are the Latin celebs (and song choices) that I am dreaming he will do. Here's hoping he listens!
Read more ¿Qué más? 9 Latino celebs starring in this summer's biggest movies! (PHOTOS)
1. "Lullaby of Broadway" with Ricky Martin". Well, this one seems VERY obvious to me: this is one of the classic Broadway songs (from the musical 42nd Street) and Ricky is currently starring in Evita, about the life (and death) of Argentine first lady Eva Perón. Perfect, right?
2. "Put on a Happy Face" with Selena Gómez. I'm not sure why, but just the title of this song makes me think of Selena Gómez. Maybe it's because I've seen so many photos of her and she is always smiling and looking happy, but I think it'd be a fun duet for the two of them.
3. "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" with Gloria Estefan. My fellow Cubana has sang about her homeland before but, for this duet, I thought she'd enjoy singing about someone else's favorite city in the whole world as her and Tony recreate one of his eponymous classics.
4. "It Had to Be You" with Jennifer López. I love that JLo's been coming back to her dance-pop hits, but I think what I would really love to see is her softer side in this romantic duet with Tony. It would be even more wonderful if they sang this in Spanish!
5. "The Lady is a Tramp" with Bruno Mars. This classic, throaty song (which Tony previous sang with Lady Gaga) would be sheer amazing perfection with Bruno Mars. I can just picture Bruno (all poofy hair, gold suit) alongside Tony.
6. "Rags to Riches" with Pitbull. I think that, more than anything else, this song's title and lyrics is what makes me think of Mr. 305 singing it with Tony. It would be really nice to see the softer side of the Cuban superstar and it's another candidate for a Spanish-language version.
7. "Maybe This Time" with Shakira. I absolutely love this song, which is both sad and sweet. I think Shakira's melodic voice would perfectly complement Tony's in a duet of this classic. I can just picture them holding hands and crooning to each other.
Want to find other moms como tú? "Like" MamásLatinas on Facebook!
Would you listen to Tony Bennett's Latin Duets CD? What Latin artist do you think should join in? Share with us in the comments below!
Images via Getty Images, Splash News, The Grosby Group