5 reasons Jessica Sanchez is an 'American Idol' finalist (VIDEOS)
FINALLY it's official! Jessica Sanchez has made it into the finals of American Idol! On last night's elimination rounds, contestant Joshua Ledet was sent home, leaving Sanchez and Phillip Phillips as the last two standing.
I'm so excited that Sanchez has made it to this point, especially after she was almost voted off several weeks ago and had to be saved by the judges. Obviously, America has renewed faith in her--which she will definitely need for next week's finale when she'll have to (once again) prove to the world that she deserves the Idol crown.
In celebration of her moving on to the final rounds, here's a look back at Sanchez's 5 best moments on the show. Hopefully by next, we'll be able to add the big win!
Want to stay updated on other Latin pop culture news? Like us on Facebook!
1. Sanchez distinguishes herself as a frontrunner in the competition by nailing Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You."
2. She channels Beyonce by singing a slowed-down rendition of "Sweet Dreams."
3. For '60s night on American Idol, Sanchez performs Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful," making judge Randy Jackson take back his previous criticism.
4. On "favorite song" week, Sanchez picks Dreamgirls song "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going."
5. Sanchez pays ode to judge Steven Tyler by singing an Aerosmith classic, "I Don't Want To Miss a Thing."
What was your favorite Jessica Sanchez moment? Do you think she'll win? Tell us in the comments below!
Image via ABC