Ricky Martin is insecure and 5 other things you didn't know about the mega star
Ricky Martin has really been shining lately. Since a fun performance as the Spanish teacher in a recent Glee episode (even if they didn't take full advantage of the "Spanish" part), he's been keeping busy with his new role in Broadway's revival of Evita. Plus he's a doting dad to two adorable twin sons, Matteo and Valentino.
You'd think that a man who has so much going on would be confident or even arrogant, but the Puerto Rican star is nothing like that. He recently admitted that he still feels stage pangs, which makes us love him even more. And there's a few more reasons why we should all be jumping on the Ricky Martin train to awesomeness.
Read more ¿Qué más? 3 more reasons to love Ricky Martin
1. He still feels insecure about some things. Although he commands a powerful stage presence on Broadway, he admits that he's "still human" and feels uncertain about himself at times. How charming is that?
2. He thinks coming out was a really important step. Although he didn't admit he was gay until a few years ago, he now says coming out was a turning point in his life, demonstrating that he's grown a lot as a person since the launch of his career.
3. He's all about Living La Vida Familia. Since having his twin sons via a surrogate, Ricky has become a true doting father and has settled down with them and his partner, Carlos.
4. He's dedicated to ending human trafficking. Through the non-profit organization the Ricky Martin Foundation, he's involved in humanitarian efforts to battle human trafficking all over the world. He's even been named a "Hero in Ending Modern-Day Slavery" by the U.S. Department of State.
5. He stands by his political convictions. He once got in trouble for flipping his middle finger disapprovingly while singing a line in one of his songs about former President George W. Bush but he defended his position, saying that his "convictions of peace and life go beyond any government and political agenda and as long as I have a voice onstage and offstage, I will always condemn war and those who promulgate it."
Want to find other moms como tú? "Like" MamásLatinas on Facebook!
What is your favorite part about Ricky Martin? Are you hoping to see him in the Broadway revival of Evita?
Image via Getty Images