Obama’s Spotify playlist reveals he hearts Ricky Martin
Have you ever wondered what President Obama is like behind closed doors? What are his favorite foods? Does he have any weird hobbies? What are his biggest pet peeves? Well, now we can answer one question. The Pres has just joined Spotify, the music-streaming service us common folk like to use… and we got our hands on his playlist.
Fair warning: it is surprising and kind of all over the place but amazing! In fact, I think I kind of developed a mini-crush on Obama just because of his totally random music taste. I mean, he even manages to represent Latinos with a Ricky Martin tune.
Read below to see what else our country's leader has on his iPod:
- Raphael Saadiq: "Keep Marchin'"
- Noah and the Whale: "Tonight's the Kind of Night"
- Bruce Springsteen: "We Take Care of Our Own"
- Zac Brown Band: "Keep Me in Mind"
- Aretha Franklin: "The Weight"
- U2: "Even Better Than the Real Thing"
- Ricky Martin featuring Joss Stone: "The Best Thing About Me Is You"
- Dierks Bentley: "Home"
- Ray LaMontagne: "You Are the Best Thing"
- Earth Wind & Fire Experience featuring Al McKay Allstars: "Got to Get You Into My Life" (Live)
- Booker T. & The MG's: "Green Onions" (Single/LP Version)
- Wilco: "I Got You"
- The Impressions: "Keep On Pushing" (Single Version)
- Jennifer Hudson: "Love You I Do" (from Dreamgirls)
- AgesandAges: "No Nostalgia"
- Sugarland: "Stand Up"
- Al Green: "Let's Stay Together"
- Darius Rucker: "This"
- Arcade Fire: "We Used to Wait"
- Florence + The Machine: "You've Got the Love"
- James Taylor: "Your Smiling Face"
- REO Speedwagon: "Roll With the Changes"
- Sugarland: "Everyday America"
- Darius Rucker: "Learn to Love"
- Electric Light Orchestra: "Mr. Blue Sky"
- Montgomery Gentry: "My Town"
- No Doubt: "Different People"
- Ledisi: "Raise Up"
Read more ¿Qué más?: Will Ferrell announces NBA line-up...with a twist
How hilarious is that? NO DOUBT?! I don’t think I’ve listened to them since I was in middle school, although I admit Gwen Stefani is awesome. You have to give the president props –anyone who has such a wide ranging taste of music has got to have an open mind. I guess it’s all the better to serenade his wife with! And the fact that he allows it to be public, knowing the media would go ballistic over it, is downright brave. I personally like to hide my music choices to avoid being made fun of over my frequent trips to the ‘90s with the Spice Girls (come on, you know you like them too!).
Are you surprised by Obama’s playlist?