EE Cream: The new mancha-fighting formula every Latina needs
First there were BB creams, then CC creams and yes, now there are EE creams! In fact, Estée Lauder just came out with their Estée Lauder Enlighten EE Even Effect Skintone Corrector ($40), which promises to fight manchas and address hyper pigmentation, a problem a lot of Latinas struggle with. So you could imagine how thrilled I was when I heard about this product. But does the EE cream actually work? Or is this just another fancy marketing gimmick?
Read more ¿Qué más? 5 Reasons why honey should replace your face wash
So what sets the EE cream apart from the CC or BB cream? Is it just the same thing with a new name? Well, it looks like it just might be the real deal. The BB and CC creams were formulated with loads of antioxidants, SPF and moisturizer to help treat wrinkles and brighten up your complexion. But the EE cream takes things one step further. It's designed to prevent and treat hyper pigmentation (a.k.a manchas) for both day and night. How amazing is that?
As annoyed as I was to hear about yet another alphabet cream, I think I might actually give the EE cream a shot. I have a naturally tan, caramel complexion so dark spots are definitely a problem for me. If I can find something that could banish those suckers--I'm sold! Here are five reasons why every Latina should try the EE cream!
1. It will even your skin: The first time BB creams came out I was hooked. It left my complexion with a natural-looking glow. The EE cream doesn't just give you radiant skin but it fights against environmental factors that lead to an increase in dark spots or hyper pigmentation, leaving you with a smooth and even complexion.
2. It fight wrinkles: Because the EE cream is designed to protect your skin from oxidative stress and free-radical damage, it ultimately works as an anti-aging treatment. That means less fine lines and wrinkles, chica!
3. It speeds up your early morning routine: Most women (like myself) apply serum, moisturizer, SPF and makeup before stepping out of their house every morning. The EE cream includes all those things in one formula. Just apply it to your cheek bones, the bridge or your nose, under your eyes, your forehead and your chin for a radiant and dewy look!
4. You can use it morning and night: "It's a woman first line of defense against daytime damage--for example, when you're walking to and from work," the vice 'resident of research at Estée Lauder, Nadine Pernodet, told Refinery29. In other words, you can use it as a day or night cream!
5. You'll save money: I'm 100 percent positive that other brands are going to start coming out with their own EE cream launches. Some might even cost less than Estée Lauder's $40 formula. But either way, you're still spending WAY less than you would on serum, moisturizer, SPF, foundation and concealer combined. Think about how much you're saving!
Image via Corbis Images