Try these 5 easy ways to treat damaged hair on the go
I'm not going to lie, when I first heard that Kim Kardashian was walking around the cold streets of New York City with wet hair I thought the girl was losing her mind. We're experiencing a polar vortex out here, for crying out loud! But it turns out she wasn't sporting soaked locks in vain; apparently she was undergoing a deep conditioning treatment.
Read more ¿Qué más?: 5 Easy tips to transform your wet hair while you sleep
Kim recently dyed her blonde hair back to black, so I imagine her strands need a lot of strengthening and repairing. I'm also guessing she had no time to sit under a hooded hair dryer with a deep conditioning treatment on. But who does? Most working moms are lucky if they can make time for themselves, let alone do a hair treatment, which is why I'm all about repairing my hair on the go. That's right, girl, you can totally repair your damaged locks on the go just like Kim did. Here's how!
1. For dry, damaged hair: I always make sure I do a deep conditioning hair mask at least once a week. If I'm pressed for time ,I apply it to clean, damp hair and then pull it up into a lose bun. That way I can step out and run errands while still repairing my dry, damaged strands. Try Kerastase Masque Force Architecte ($63).
2. For split ends: If you have the time to hit the salon for a trim, awesome. If not, rub a dime-sized amount of coconut oil to your palms before applying to dry ends. Not only does it condition hair but it also disguises splits.
3. For heat-damaged hair: Heat damage doesn't get fixed over night, but a good protein treatment can make a big difference when it comes to dryness and breakage. Repair your curls with Miss Jessie's Rapid Recover ($40). I'd scrunch the product in like a curl cream and then pull my rizos up into a casual updo. The people at the cleaners don't need to know you're wearing a hair mask.
4. For quick repair: Only got two minutes? I hear ya! Try Pantene Pro-V 2-Minute Moisture Masque Deep Conditioner ($6). By the time you're done applying it to your whole head, you can rinse it right out!
5. For a more subtle treatment: I'm obsessed with Josie Maran Argan Hair Serum ($30). Not only does it smooth frizz and boost shine, but it also treats damage. Best part? You can apply it to dry hair, meaning you can have it on even when you're at work.
Image via Kim Kardashian/Instagram
How to you treat your damaged hair on the go?