I don't know about you, but after a long hot summer, my hair is feeling pretty darn exhausted. All that sun exposure, salt water, and chlorine has really done a number on my tresses, leaving them dull, dry, and damaged. But with fall just around the corner, sporting not-so-healthy hair is absolutely NOT an option. So I decided to revive this pesky pelo with one of my abuelita's favorite hair conditioning treatments--an avocado hair mask!
Read more ¿Qué más? 4 Miraculous DIY avocado beauty remedies
There's a reason why my abuela even at her 85 years of age still manages to rock super shiny, soft hair. It's because she swears by this do-it-yourself hair mask. In fact, growing up, I used to use this remedy all the time, which probably explains the incredibly glossy strands I had all throughout my elementary school years. Not only is this natural treatment super effective, it's also crazy cheap too. Chances are you probably have all these ingredients right in your kitchen. So treat yourself to this free spa-like treatment that will get your hair looking gorgeous in no time. Check out the remedy below!
What you need:
A small bowl
An egg beater
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1 tablespoon of honey
What to do:
1. Use a fork to mash the avocado in a small bowl into a smooth puree.
2. Stir in the olive or coconut oil, along with the honey.
3. Now whip all the ingredients together using a fork or egg beater until it forms a creamy consistency.
4. Apply the mask all over from roots to ends, clip hair up, and then cover with a shower cap.
5. Leave the treatment on for 15 to 20 minutes. For best results, try sitting under a hooded hair dryer.
6. Rinse out thoroughly, and shampoo and condition as usual.
Now go show off that beautiful hair, girl!
Image via Thinkstock