I love the idea of using all natural ingredients to treat my skin and there are plenty of examples of DIY skin care recipes online. Still, I don't want to go putting just any old thing that I have in my kitchen on my face. Surely, bacon grease is moisturizing, but I'm not gonna use it on my hair.
Read more ¿Qué más?: 5 Amazing DIY winter beauty remedies for healthy skin & hair!
Fortunately there are experts out there willing to give advice for free. New York dermatologist Dr. Doris Day suggests you avoid the following ingredients:
- Egg whites: Although they can provide a temporary tightening effect for the skin, they also carry the risk of salmonella.
- Spices: Spices like cinnamon can be irritating to your skin.
- Citrus: Citrus can irritate the skin. Lemons can also make your skin sensitive to light.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Hydrogen peroxide can irritate the skin, so maybe you don't want to use it for lightening your hair.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is cool and non-toxic, but you may not want to smell like a salad.
Never fear there are items that you can confidently use in DIY skin care products. Check out following 5 great ingredients for DIY skin care!