The one & only foolproof cure you'll ever need for stinky feet!
Your feet are full of sweat glands, hundreds of thousands of them. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that probably means your feet sweat a lot. In fact, if you were to collect all the sweat your feet produce in a day it would fill up a pint glass. Cheers! No, thank you. Sweaty feet lead to stinky feet. You're in luck, I may be the only person in the world who knows how to truly cure stinky feet.
Now sweat itself does not stink, but bacteria use it as a breeding ground and bacteria breed stink! The scientific name for foot odor is bromhidrosis, but you certainly don't need to know what it is called to smell the stench.
So what can you do to prevent stinky feet?
Read more ¿Que Mas?: How to take care of your high heels so they will last forever!
- Keep your feet as clean and dry as possible.
- Let your feet get plenty of air in open shoes or sandals.
- Wear cotton socks as they are absorbent and will breed less bacteria than synthetics or acrylics.
Okay, but what if you are like me and you absolutely LOVE wearing closed flats with no socks because socks look ridiculous sometimes? What then? Are you destined to live in fear of taking your shoes off anywhere within a 10 mile radius of another human being? Oh sure, you'll get advice such as…
- Wash your feet with antibacterial soap. (Too drying! I want odor-free feet, not cracked heels)
- Soak your feet in water with a few drops of bleach. (DON'T DO IT, IT'S BLEACH!)
- Spray your feet with vinegar. (Yeah, right so you can smell like stinky feet and vinegar?)
I am here to tell you that there is only one sure-fired way to prevent your feet from stinking. I know this because I use this method and my feet do not stink. Doesn't matter how long I wear shoes without socks, I am never worried about taking my shoes off in public or about ruining my shoes with odor. And this was not always the case. I have ruined many a shoe because they became to putrid to wear.
Are you ready for it? Are you ready to learn how I cure stinky feet?
I buy two sticks of deodorant/antiperspirant, one for my underarms and one for my feet. After I shower, I swipe my underarms and the bottoms of my feet with their respective deodorants/antiperspirant and I'm good to go. I'm telling you, it works!
Image via Getty Images