5 Ways to get the perfect burgundy pout!
It's time to swap that red lipstick for a deeper, darker shade! High-drama burgundy lips are hotter than ever and a sexy, alternative to red. I'm totally into the film-noir inspired shade because it's super sophisticated and a great way to bring on the glamour. But picking the wrong shade or not correctly applying can make your makeup look intense and outdated. Check out my 5 easy tips on nailing this glamorous look!
Read more ¿Qué más? How to nail a perfect cat-eye look!
- The first step is to find your perfect shade. If you have fair skin, go for a purple based shade like NARS Pure Matte lipstick in Volga. Medium skin women should stick to a burgundy that has a tint of berry like Lancôme Color Design Lipstick in Curtain Call. A stronger reddish tone like L'Oréal Paris Color Caresse by Colour Riche in Cherry Tulle looks great on darker skin tones.
- Deep lipstick shades like burgundy requires smooth lips—never chapped! So start off by exfoliating lips with an at-home lip scrub. Take a tablespoon of brown sugar and add a few drops of olive oil. Mix and rub onto lips. Want a quicker fix? Try the Lip Scrub by Sara Happ in Brown Sugar to remove dry and flaky skin.
- Once your lips are polished apply a hydrating lip treatment to seal in moisture. I love Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy!
- Use your finger to apply touches of the lipstick to the center of your lips, and then blend out towards the edges.
- Too much oil from your lipstick can cause the color too fade. So after applying make sure to blot your lips with an oil absorbing face sheet like Neutrogena Shine-Control Blotting Sheets or a tissue, so your color stays put!
Would you try a burgundy lipstick? Tell us in the comments below!
Image via Splash News