6 Ways to get healthy, shiny hair!
I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never be the girl with perfect hair. But as imperfect as my strands may be, I must admit that I've had some hella good hair days! You don't have to be blessed with amazing genes (even thought it helps!) or spend a ton on products to get shiny, healthy-looking hair. With a few changes here and there to your beauty routine, you'll have a gorgeous melena in no time!
Read more ¿Qué más? 10 Ways to save your curls this summer
1. Eat healthy. By now we should all know that what we put in our mouths plays a huge role when it comes to healthy hair. Try to eat plenty of fish like salmon, which is loaded with Omega 3s, protein and vitamin B, which help support a healthy and shiny mane. Make sure you're incorporating lots of protein into your diet; it helps promote hair growth and strength. Not a meat lover? Have some rice and beans! Beans, nuts and eggs are another excellent source of protein.
2. Skip Shampoo. You probably think it's necessary to wash your hair regularly, but these days most stylists and hair experts suggest NOT washing your hair every day. Shampooing daily can strip your hair of its natural and beneficial oils, leaving your tresses dry and dull. Instead try opting for a dry shampoo and use it in between washes to remove oil and odor. If you have thin or oily hair and can't see yourself skipping a wash, opt for a non-sulfate shampoo that won't leave your hair as vulnerable to dryness and breakage.
3. Deep condition. Regular conditioners are great, but they aren't enough if you want to pump up the shine. Apply a deep-conditioning hair masks to your strands at least once a week, especially if you heat style regularly. Rinse out with cool water for longer lasting shine!
4. Schedule trims. A regular trim removes dead, split ends that makes hair appear dull. Make sure to squeeze in an appointment every 4 to 8 weeks to keep ends healthy. Even half an inch off makes a difference!
5. Protect locks from heat. A heat protective spray protects hair against heat styling damage, while also providing softness and shine. So make sure to spray some on before reaching for those hot tools!
6. Maintain your color. Just because you color your hair doesn't mean you're doomed for dullness! Try using color-protective products to prevent your dye job from drying out and damaging hair. Color-protective products protect highlights and color from fading and dulling, while also illuminating shine!
Tell us, which one of these tips do you already incorporate in your hair routine?
Image via Thinkstock