How to nail a perfect cat-eye look!
Nothing makes a signature statement quite like a few dramatic sweeps of liquid liner. I have big, round eyes so I love to go for a classic cat-eye look because it creates the illusion of almond shape eyes and adds a nice retro-inspired flare of glamour.
A sharp cat-eye may look complicated, but don't be intimated. Achieving this style is easier than it seems and it only gets easier with practice--trust me! Check out some of my easy-to-follow tips below on the look.
Read more ¿Qué más? 5 Ways to get a perfect high bun like Adrienne Bailon!
- Start by curling your lashes with an eyelash curler like Shu Uemura's Eyelash Curler to open up your eyes.
- Line the inner rim of your lower lashes with a black pencil eyeliner like Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Perversion. This liner is great because its waterproof and stays put for hours!
- A cat-eye is easier to do using a liquid liner with a felt-tipped applicator. The pointed edge makes it simple to sweep the liquid liner on and its perfect for beginners! I use Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen in Jet Black.
- Starting at the inner corner of you eye, line directly above the upper lash, dragging it to the outer corner of the eye. It should end with a sharp upward diagonal tail and the wing should thicken as you move outward.
- Made a mistake? Don't stress, clean it up with Almay's Oil-Free Makeup Eraser Sticks and just start over.
- Finish the look with a few generous coats of a volumizing mascara like CoverGirl's LashBlast 24 Hour Mascara in Very Black.
Are you a fan of the cat-eye look? Tell us in the comments below!
Image via Getty Images