The 10 beauty products you should ALWAYS have on hand
My mami instilled a lot of good (and a few bad) habits in me but by FAR the best thing she ever taught me was that there are some beauty products that I absolutely HAD to carry at all times.
Of course, when I was younger, I would try to resist or tell her that I just didn't need all of that. And yes, when I switch to a smaller purse (like if I'm just going out to dinner), I tend to not overdo it with these items but on any normal day you can BET that I'm fully equipped. At the end of the day, even when they make my purse weigh a little more than I'd like, I am grateful that I am able to tackle any beauty-related emergency at the drop of a hat thanks to the 10 beauty products that every woman has to ALWAYS have on hand.
Read more ¿Qué más? 8 DIY beauty tips from Mamás Latinas
1. Band-aids: I cannot tell you how many times these have saved my life. Whether it's an annoying paper cut at work or walking around in new shoes only to find out that they give you terrible blisters and you're too far from home to change, these are my absolute must.
2. Nail file: Just this morning, someone at work asked me if I have a nail file. Well, of course I do! I mean, what's a girl to do if you get a broken nail in the middle of the day? I can't even begin to tell you how many times this has happened—and how happy I always was to have one in my purse.
3. Nail clippers: This one may sound crazy but nail clippers are absolutely ESSENTIAL. To be honest, though, 9 out of 10 times I don't use them to clip my nails. Most of the time, I end up using them like scissors to fix up a stray thread or help me open a package. It's a lifesaver!
4. Lip gloss: Well, every purse needs a little lip gloss. I prefer to carry around one that smells nice but also has some SPF and is moisturizing. That way, it works when my lips are chapped and dry, when I'm out in the sun or when I am going out and forgot lipstick.
5. Eye drops: For me, this goes along in my purse because I wear contacts. In fact, I also often carry around a spare set of contacts in my bag. Eye drops, though, are super helpful even if you have perfect eyesight since they can be a great pick-me-up at the end of the work day, after you've been staring at the computer for way too long.
Want to find other moms como tú? "Like" MamásLatinas on Facebook!
6. Mints: Hey, you NEVER know who you might be meeting all of a sudden! You also might not know how you feel after lunch and I've definitely had lunches that maybe had too much garlic and left me feeling icky. That's when mints come in to save the day.
7. Medicine: It doesn't necessarily matter what kind you prefer but I always, always keep something on hand for pain and fever relief. You never know when you (or a nearby friend) might get a headache and helping heal that quickly, well, that's priceless.
8. Eyeliner: Well, this one may just be because I'm a little vain and I love my eyeliner but I always HAVE to have it in my purse. Even on days that I'm not wearing it, I'll keep it around. I mean, what if there's an eyeliner-related emergency? I'm not sure what that would entail but I know that I'll be ready!
9. Clear mascara: Although I typically use black mascara for makeup, I love having clear mascara in my bag. Not only does it come in handy when I need to freshen up my eyelashes, but it's also great to use on flyaway hair. Yes, clear mascara can fix up that hairdo!
10. Foldable comb: Speaking of fixing up that hairdo, I love to have a comb on me at all times. Sometimes it's really windy outside and I find myself needing to brush my hair again, other times it's too hot and I am trying to keep the frizz down. No matter what, though, a comb is just a MUST.
What beauty item do YOU absolutely have to have in your purse? Share with us in the comments below!
Image via Thinkstock