5 of the best beauty tips for Latinas on the web
Have you ever wished you could find a makeup or beauty product that would better suit your Latina skin? Good news! We rounded up the best beauty sites, tutorials, and products from around the web, all designed specifically for the Latina community. Here's what we found:
- Latina Makeup and Beauty Blog – Created by Hispanic celebrity makeup artist, Luis Casco, the blog discusses all things fashion, gossip and beauty all targeted specifically towards the Latina community. In one recent post, he shared the basic recipe for getting the most flawless and natural look using foundation. Some products he recommended? Dermologica Multivitamin Power Recovery Mask and Mary Kay Timewise luminous-wear liquid foundation. Check out the rest of the post and much more at www.latinamakeup.blogspot.com
- Latina Blogger YouTube– Subscribe to the username "Latina Blogger" on YouTube and you'll find several videos that capture a co-founder of BeChicMag taking her beauty questions to the experts. The posts feature stylist to the starts Ted Gibson, noted fashion photographer Nigel Barker, and former Univision anchor Denisse Oller, all of whom spill their secrets on the latest beauty, hair, and health trends.
- Motives for La La Cosmetics –Just this month, Puerto Rican reality star La La Anthony teamed up with Motives by Loren Ridinger to create a new line of beauty items that will match every skin tone. She first got the idea after noticing a lack of products in the cosmetic market that were made specifically for Latina and African-American skin. The line contains everything from lipsticks and liners to eye shadows and blushes that start at around $15.
- Tata Harper Skincare – Looking for natural skincare products that work? Try Tata Harper's award-winning organic skincare line. The Latina mom was inspired by memories of watching her mom, grandmothers, and aunts taking great care of their skin in the Colombian city where she grew up. The line is 100% natural and while some products can get pricey, there are several great replenishing options for about $45.
- CutePolish Nail Art Design YouTube – Like getting your nails done but not happy with your local salon's prices? Try doing an at-home mani and pedi by following any of the dozens of instructional videos from this YouTube channel. The designs are super cute and creative and still easy to follow.
Image via Arlette/flickr