How to get a gorgeous runway look at home
After chatting with Spanish designer Custo Dalmau of Custo Barcelona at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, we spoke with makeup artist Gato Zamora backstage.
"The makeup look at Custo Barcelona is inspired by a free-spirited Indian nomad," said Zamora, a Maybelline New York Makeup Artist. "It's a little untidy and a little bit wild, but entirely natural and beautiful." Zamora shared some fabulous backstage beauty tips with me, and I can't wait to share them with you!
Here's how to get the look...
- Apply a light foundation for a no-makeup look.
- Highlight the face using an illuminating concealer. Apply a dot on the forehead, the center of the cheeks, under your eyes and onto the cheekbones and blend.
- With fingertips, blend the Dream Bouncy Blush on the models' cheeks. Gato used the Rose Petal color.
- Apply a bold eyeliner and smudge it with your fingers for a dramatic eye.
- Add two coats of mascara onto the top and bottom lashes.
- Finish the look with a light coat of a soft pink lipstick to complete the natural look.
What makeup tips help you pull together the natural look?